Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July 2011


Today was a sad, but good day. It was my first 4th of July not with my family in Lancaster! It was super sad, especially since Derek was not with me either. I figured if i just kept myself busy it would be no big deal.... and that is exactly what I did. I got up at 7:45am and went to the ward breakfast. I then spent time with the Relief Society President and we worked on a couple of things and had a really good talk.

After that I went home and then off to Alexis and Eric's house to hang out. We watched a movie then went to the lightrail to catch a ride to Tempe Beach Park. We got there at around 7pm and got free VIP Passes to the event. We went to the VIP grass area where we got good seats, free dinner, and 6 beers! Ok so none of us had the beers but that's how VIP it was....who gives out 6 free beers per person?

They then had the fireworks at 8:40pm. It was a great show. It was an hour long and they had the fireworks dancing to the music like the water show in front of the Bellagio in Vegas.

We of course left a little early to get on the light rail before the crowd. But we still had a large crowd and everyone was smashed together.

All and all it was a good day With Eric, Alexis, and Oliver, but I did miss my family.





2 comments:

Eric and Alexis Beus said...

We're so glad you came with us! We had a ton of fun! And those pictures of the dust storm are cool! I'm glad you weren't out in it!

RachelAA said...

See, I knew you'd get some great shots.