Monday, January 30, 2012
Weekend with the Russell Family
On Wednesday afternoon Derek received a phone call from our friend Nathan. He had told us that he wanted to come out and see ASU since he is applying to school here. Derek then told me that they would get here Thursday night. I basically went into panic mode and the 24hours of cleaning began! Derek and I spring cleaned the place to no end. We stayed up till 4am on Thursday morning cleaning the apartment then got up at 6am on Thursday morning and continued. I guess our apartment was not that bad, but I figured we should just deep clean. On Thursday night I worked and they got into town right after I got off. We all went to Filiberto's and brought dinner back here. We all hung out till 1 am and they off to bed. On Friday Nathan and Derek went to class and meetings that Derek had set up for Nathan. Jessica, Josie, and I went shopping for Josie's summer cloths at the outlet mall. After shopping I had to work from 1:30pm to 10pm. That night Derek picked me up from work and we slept! I was supposed to receive a package in the mail on Saturday. When we got home friday night there was something on our porch. I went to pick it up and right before I did I realized it was a poopy diaper! Derek and I just laughed. We are not used to having diapers on our porch. On Saturday I worked 12 to 8:30 then got off work and went to Cafe Rio. After Cafe Rio we went back to our apartment to cut the boys hair. Then Sunday we all went to church at 9am then back to our apartment to hung out and eat. After hanging out for many hours Nathan and Jessica had the hard decision of staying for an extra night or going home. Finally they decided to go home and drive through the night so Josie could sleep the whole way home. It was a super fun, yet tiring weekend! We are so grateful that they came out and were able to stay with us. We hope that next year Nathan will be attending school out here so we can see them all the time, but we will see.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
How fun you all got to see eachother! Little Josie is getting so big!
What a great weekend!
Post a Comment