This St Patrick's Day was so fun. We woke up and were off to the Dodger's spring training game. We got there really early to get signatures and balls during batting practice. We were able to get Matt Kemp, Casey Blake, Andre Either, and Tommy Lasorda. Then we went and watched the game. Let me tell you the craziest thing.....the National Anthem was being sung and I seriously thought that it was the most HORRIBLE singing I have ever heard. Sure enough enlight of the holiday they had a midget, dressed like a leprechaun, singing the National Anthem! It was by far the worst I have ever heard!!!!
At the game all of the grass seats were sold out, and we had grass seats so you can imagine there was no grass left and we didn't bring a blanket so Derek asked an usher if we could sit in the seats no one was sitting in and we were able to sit right on the first base side of the field out in the outfield.
The usher told us to make sure that we caught Andre Either if he came over, and we laughed. Well the second play of the game was a ball right towards us and Either caught it right in front of us!
So far this spring training Derek has got like 20 MLB balls from batting practice! It has become his spring training addiction. He goes at 9am and stays till 11am getting balls so he can practice with them!
After the game we came home and go dinner ready really quick. I decided to have a green dinner, but Derek said I could not us any food coloring. So I had to be creative because there isn't too much green out there other then vegi's! So I made green enchiladas and guacamole.
We had our friends Eric, Alexis, Jex, Aubrey, and the missionaries over for our Green dinner!
We had a great St. Patrick's Day!!!







1 comment:
You guys are so fun - you make me miss our college days before kids, hanging out with good friends and each other. Love it.
Post a Comment