So we did it! After 5 years of being away from our home State we made it back. Derek is not officially graduated yet, but everything that he will do he can do online so we packed up our bags and left Sunny Arizona to a much cooler California. The move went great. My parents came out and brought there trailer and it took us one day to get the stuff out and I think all and all it went very well. You never realize how much crap you have till you move! We went from a one bedroom apartment to one bedroom in my parents house. Derek and I are both not big on debt and want to get a house paid off asap once we find one. So we have decided to stay at my parents for a year to save up a bit of money before we get a house. The drive to California went great as well. Summer did very well and has become a thumb sucker so in the car she stayed very content by sucking her thumb.
Now since we have been in California life has been a little crazy. First I started work the day after we got here. I have been working 40 hours a week instead of my normal 24 hours and it is really taking its toll on me and Summer and my mom. I want to ask for less hours but I am on 90 day probation since I transfered and I don't think it would be wise! So we are suffering through. Derek is in Fresno selling his little heart out to get a good amount of money for a house. He is tired, a little sick and after working 6 days a week he drives 3 hours home on the weekends to visit us and then 3 hours back to work! This is one hard summer so far! I know I will look back and be grateful for the hard work everyone is doing to make life easier for us once we buy a house of our own, but right now is just a tough time!
At Summer's 4 month appointment the doctor said that she was 95% in height and 85% in weight! She is a big girl still it is always fun to think of how your children will be when they grow up!
2 comments:
So glad you finally updated your blog! :) That's how I keep up with you guys! Glad the move went well and I hope things get a bit easier with the jobs and stuff. The thumb sucking thing is so cute and she looks adorable!! Also, you are looking beautiful, as always! Miss you guys! We'll have to come visit sometime!
Awww thinking about you, lady. You guys have made a lot of sacrifices in the past and they have always turned out pretty well. This, I'm sure, will be no different. You two are guided and directed as I know you're such good listeners. Can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment