Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wishing I was home....

I think it is scary to think that life is changing from an Anderson family tradition to a Snider family tradition. Every year for Mother's Day we would go to Valencia and spend time with both of my Grandmothers after having breakfast for my mom. I called home today and asked what they were all up to. This is the first Mother's day without both my Grandma's. I asked my mom what they were doing and she said that Sam and Shauna and the girls were on their way to my parents for dinner. The times have changed! Going to my parents house has now become going to Grandma's. Isn't that weird. It is weird to me and makes me feel old! It is a time to start new family traditions and to carry on with the old. The only problem is..... we just need to be closer to home! I wish I was in California right now. It is only during the Holidays that I feel so home sick. And right now is one of those times I wish I was home! I love my mom. I am grateful for everything she has done and given to me. She is amazing in every way and I love that she gave us such a good home to grow up in that I am always wanting to go back there. I miss the old times, but an so excited also for the future!  Mother's day is a time to reflect and I can't say it enough, I am truly grateful for my mother!

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

I hope you were able to have a good day and I know your mom feels your love!