Yesterday Derek and I went out to lunch. I tell you I love going to a nice sit down place to eat with Derek just for the good conversation. We started talking and got into some deep conversation about our future, our past, and our present! It was stuff that of course we talk about everyday, but this time it was different.
We talked more about the reality of our life rather then the "what if". And some of the stuff said I don't think was the nicest, but it was really how we felt.
As Derek was driving me to work right after lunch I told him I was sorry if some of the stuff said was mean or unsupportive to which he replied "You understand me."
He then gave me examples of what he meant by that and it was like in a movie. For a minute my whole world stopped just to hear my husband tell me that I understand him.
It made me feel so good knowing that so far in our 3 years of marriage we are still on the same page, and that is all that matters to me. I feel like as long as we are on the same page then the world, and our families, will just have to accept the life we live!
3 comments:
OK, I could have told you you guys were on the same page. I mean seriously, I see it written all over your faces. You two are such a beautiful couple.
You have always been good for Derek. You two are a perfect match.
Post a Comment